Thursday 12 April 2012

I Rocked the YA Book Drop!

First of all, happy Support Teen Lit day! I only found out about the readergirlz YA book drop yesterday, but I thought it was a great idea, so I printed out the label, stuck it inside RICHES by Megan Cole, and rocked the drop!

It's Easter holidays here in England, so I didn't bother dropping off my book near any schools - I chose a nice bench on the quayside, where it wouldn't get rained on. And two hours later, when I returned...it was gone! Hopefully to someone who will drop by and comment (I left my blog address in there, so you never know!).

Here's a couple of pictures of the book drop. First of all, here is my little sister (hey, Ruth!) holding up the book by the river, with all the fancy yachts behind her:
And here's a [rubbish] picture of the book on its bench (please excuse the bad photo-taking - my sister is the photographer in our family):




Has anybody else 'rocked the drop' today?

2 comments:

  1. I think that is an awesome idea! Rock the drop! Great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cool. What a great idea! I did not "rock the drop" but I donate my books after I'm done with them. (Well, most of them. Some I simply can not part with!)

    Oh, and what a great sport your little sister is :)

    ReplyDelete